SLY NOTES FROM GERMANY
Monday, 10.03.2011 / 12:51 PM
- I will admit that I'm tired. 2 hours of "sleep" on the plane. Christian Ehrhoff said we need to stay up. The first day and treat it normal, so that's what I'll try to do. But I do see a nap in my future.
- The most popular thing at SAP arena was the Caffe machine by the dressing room. State of the art, cup by cup, and great patience by all (ok by most) waiting for their fix.
- Had a great talk with Antti, the play by play announcer for Manheim. He's actually from Helsinke, and was excited to see Teppo Numminen on the ice coaching. I asked him about where to go in Finland, and he said anyway will be fun. The bigger question I had was how is a guy from Finland calling games in German? It was a long, but good story.
- Kudos to Kim Pegula for bringing sour patch kids on the plane!
- Great turnout for the open practice on Monday. 100 or so fans from Buffalo made the journey