Tuesday, 03.01.2011 / 12:59 PM
- Phew, another year that I was not traded.
- The trade deadline was a bit of a dud as compared to last year across the league, but I think Darcy Regier was right yesterday. Too many teams are still in the playoff hunt, so the price of poker was high. There were too many buyers and too few sellers. The laws of supply and demand were at work.
|Brad Boyes (Getty Images)
- If the Sabres had traded Luke Adam (the last 2nd round draft choice of the Sabres) for Brad Boyes, then I might not like it as much.
- Kudos to Tim Connolly for meeting with the media after practice on Monday and answering questions about his immediate future. It had to be uncomfortable for a guy who has been carved up in the media all season. He could have refused, but faced the music like a professional. Can he play better? Yes. With the deadline passed and the distraction behind him, let’s hope he does.
- I saw Derek Roy last week and he’s in good spirits while rehabbing. He’s thinking about becoming a movie critic since he saw everything while he was immobile for six weeks.
- It was exciting last week with the Pegula family taking over ownership of the Buffalo Sabres. I think everything that can be written about them has been, so no need to waste space here. However, I will say they could not have made a better first impression publicly or privately.