DON'T PANIC - VANEK IS BACK!
Friday, 02.10.2012 / 11:45 AM ET
- Thomas Vanek returns from injury; no decision has been made on what line he’ll be on.
- Ryan Miller is expected to get the start in goal tonight
WHAT THEY WERE SAYING
Lindy Ruff (click to hear full audio)
Thomas Vanek says he’s healthy again – will he play tonight?
Yeah, he says he’s good to go. So we’ll get him in and get him going.
Have you decided what line he’ll play on?
We’ll make that decision. We had discussions this morning. After that last game it’s tough to change any of the lines around. We’ll make a decision, and judge it as the game goes.
Not including Jochen Hecht, you are pretty much a full healthy team again. You must be happy?
I think we’ve seen a little bit of the effects of being healthier. We’ve played a lot better in our own end. Offensively we’re starting to come, and getting Thomas back should at least help our power play. And if he starts scoring it can only help us offensively.
STARS at SABRES
- First and only meeting between the Sabres and Stars this season.
- Last meeting: Dallas defeated Buffalo, 4-0, in Dallas on Oct. 30, 2010
- The Sabres are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 7-2-1 at home.
- This is the 112th game all-time between Buffalo and Dallas; Buffalo leads the series with a 53-41-17 record
- Buffalo is 30-13-11 all-time against the Stars at home.
- The Sabres have gone 5-0-1 (one tie) in their last six home games against the Stars. Dallas has not won a regular season game in Buffalo since Oct. 7, 1997, when they won 4-2.
- Buffalo enters tonight’s game on a five-game point streak (4-0-1), their longest since they finished last season on a 5-0-1 run. The Sabres are also seeking their first three-game win streak since winning four straight from Nov. 4 to Nov. 11.
- Ryan Miller enters tonight’s game on the best five-game stretch of his career. Miller is 4-0-1 in those games with two shutouts and career-best numbers (0.95 GAA and .969 SV%) for a five-game span.
- The Sabres have points in their last nine home games (5-0-4), with their last regulation loss at home coming on Dec. 10. It is the team’s longest such streak since 2009-10, when they went 9-0-3 in 12 home games from Dec. 9 to Jan. 29.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Ryan Miller is 3-0-0 in his career against Dallas with a 2.59 GAA… The Sabres are 11-5-3 (.658) with Tyler Ennis in the lineup… Buffalo is 19-2-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 18-4-2 when scoring three or more… 16 of Buffalo’s last 20 games have been decided by two goals or less.