ENROTH GETS THE CALL IN PHILLY
Thursday, 02.16.2012 / 2:07 PM ET
- Jhonas Enroth will start in goal tonight
- This will be Enroth’s first start since January 18 in Chicago.
- Thomas Vanek moves to RW with Tyler Ennis and Nathan Gerbe.
WHAT THEY WERE SAYING
Jhonas Enroth (click to hear full audio)
It’s been a few weeks in between starts, do you feel any extra pressure tonight?
I guess, but I like pressure. It’s always fun to play with pressure on you and when it’s a little bit more important. It’s a little bit easier to get ready for games with a lot of pressure on the line.
What do you remember about playing in Philadelphia during the playoffs?
I remember that it’s a really good atmosphere in here and the fans are crazy and real loud. It’s fun, and I’m really excited about playing here tonight.
Lindy Ruff (click to hear full audio)
Would you agree that Jhonas seemed to be getting his game back over his last few starts?
It did seem like it. I don’t think as a team we played that well in Chicago. And I look at the game he played on Long Island, that was a strong game. Obviously we’ll need to play a strong game in front of him.
What went into your decision to play him tonight instead of Friday at home?
It’s based a little bit on how we’ve played against Philly, and the numbers. Being at home is a better situation for us, but based on that conversation we decided to go in that direction.
SABRES at FLYERS
-Third of four meetings between the Sabres and Flyers this season.
-Last meeting: Philadelphia defeated Buffalo, 5-4 (OT), in Buffalo on Dec. 7.
-The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Flyers; 6-4-0 on the road.
-This is the 156th game all-time between Buffalo and Philadelphia; Buffalo trails the series with a 61-72-23 record. Buffalo is 23-43-13 on the road against the Flyers all-time.
-The two teams will meet for the final time this season on Thurs., Apr. 5 in Philadelphia.
- Buffalo has won its last three on the road and will look to win four straight road games for the first time since winning the first four road games of the season (Oct. 8 to Oct. 20). They haven’t won more than four in a row on the road since winning their first 10 road games of the 2006-07 season.
- Jason Pominville leads all Sabres with 23 points (10+13) in 24 career games against the Flyers, including six (2+4) in his last four. Pominville also had four (1+3) points in five games against Philadelphia in last season’s playoffs.
- Pominville, who now has six 50-point seasons in his career, is the 11th player in Sabres history to record 50 points in six or more seasons. He joins Gilbert Perreault (16), Dave Andreychuk (10), Rick Martin (9), Phil Housley (8), Craig Ramsay (8), Rene Robert (7), Mike Foligno (6), Danny Gare (6), Don Luce (6) and Miroslav Satan (6).
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Jason Pominville enters tonight’s game on a five-game point streak (4+2)… Pominville is the sixth player in Sabres history to record 30 assists in six consecutive seasons… Buffalo is 20-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 19-4-2 when scoring three or more… 18 of the Sabres’ last 23 games have been decided by two goals or less… The Sabres are 15-3-3 when Derek Roy records at least one point.