SABRES AFTER FOURTH STRAIGHT IN THE 'PEG
Monday, 03.5.2012 / 2:16 PM ET
- Ryan Miller will get the start in goal.
- Robyn Regehr expects to back in lineup after missing Saturday's game in Vancouver with lower body injury.
- Marcus Foligno has been recalled on an emergency basis from the AHL's Rochester Americans.
WHAT THEY WERE SAYING
Lindy Ruff (listen to the full audio)
Are these the kind of big games you live for as a coach?
We’ve been living for every game. It started in Anaheim. We treated that as a game that we wanted to get this trip off to a great start. We tried to follow that up in San Jose, and knew we were in for a real tough one in Vancouver. This team here has been one of the better home teams; they’ve really played well in this building. We’re gonna have to play well, execute and make big plays.
Robyn Regehr said he’s ready to play – will he play?
What, and break up a winning lineup? We’ll make that a game day decision. He’s doing good. I thought he looked good out there at the morning skate.
Marcus Foligno has been recalled?
Yeah. We’ve got a couple of guys up front that we want to be sure of, and we don’t want to get caught.
SABRES at JETS
- This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Jets this season.
- Last meeting: Winnipeg defeated Buffalo, 4-1, in Winnipeg on Jan. 19.
- Sabres are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Jets; 2-3-5 on the road.
- 48th game all-time between Buffalo and Winnipeg; Buffalo leads the series with a 21-15-11 record.
- Sabres are 7-9-7 all-time on the road against Winnipeg.
- Buffalo has points in eight consecutive games (6-0-2) for the first time since going 8-0-3 in 11 games from Dec. 26, 2009 to Jan. 18, 2010.
- The Sabres have has won their last three on the road and will look to win four straight road games for the first time since winning the first four road games of the season (Oct. 8-20). They haven’t won more than four in a row on the road since winning their first 10 road games of the 2006-07 season.
- A regulation win tonight would put the Sabres in playoff position for the first time since Dec. 19 (77 days ago). Buffalo’s largest point deficit from eighth place this season was 10 points. The Sabres were last 10 points out of playoff position on Feb. 16, just 18 days ago.
- The Sabres are looking for their first win in the city of Winnipeg since Feb. 10, 1993.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Buffalo is 25-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 21-4-3 when scoring three or more... Buffalo has scored first in their last nine games, going 6-1-2… The Sabres are 12-3-3 with Corey Tropp in the lineup… With 32 points (12+20) in 26 career games against Winnipeg, Derek Roy has more points against the Jets than any other non-divisional opponent.
IT’S MILLER TIME
Ryan Miller was named the NHL's First Star of the week after going 3-0-0 with a 1.00 GAA and .974 save %. He started the week with back-to-back road shutouts against Anaheim and San Jose. Miller is 6-0-1 in his last seven games with a .958 % and a 1.40 GAA; and 11-2-3 in his last 17 games with a 1.70 GAA and a .944 save %. Over his last three games, Miller made 106 consecutive saves without allowing a goal before finally being beaten in the second period on Saturday. The goal snapped his shutout streak at 155:37, just 5:59 short of his career-best.
TYLER’S ON A TEAR
Tyler Ennis has eight points (3+5) in his last nine games and is currently on a career-best five-game point streak (1+4). The Sabres are 9-1-3 when Ennis records a point this season and 36-9-7 when he tallies a point in his career. The team is 18-8-5 this season with Ennis in the lineup.