This blog still exists?
It’s been a while, but that’s because nothing has happened this off-season. There’s been no news. Those that have been paying attention know that’s false and true. There hasn’t been much lately, but the start of the summer had plenty. So to catch you up, or catch me up, I bring you a new feature to this blog and my daily radio show: “Kevin’s Top 7.”
In this installment: “Kevin’s Top 7” things that have happened so far this summer
- I now host Sabres Hockey Hotline on WGR 550 from 10-noon Monday to Friday.
- Derek Roy was traded to the Dallas Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy.
- Jonathan Scott is the new enforcer in town.
- I know how to correctly pronounce both first-round draft picks this year. Zemgus Girgensons and Mikhail Grigorenko (don’t asked if I spelled them correctly).
- There was talk about hockey moving to the Summer Olympics (only on my show, but it was talk!)
- Zach Parise, Ryan Suter and Shea Weber bought new cars (I made that up, but they should have with all the $$$$$$$$$$ each one signed for).
- There was and is optimism that a deal can get done between the NHL and NHLPA without a lockout.
For further explanation and discussion of each, tune in to the Hotline!
- My goal was not to make this entire blog about the radio show, but I do want to point out that Kevin Snow from Sabres.com joins me frequently on the show and is an excellent contributor.
- The show is broadcast live from the Sabres Store at First Niagara Center each day and you are welcome to stop by and say hello (just not while I’m on the air!)
- That’s all for now. But if you see the pizza truck driving around town, please send it back down to the arena for lunch.