- Captained his Eastview high school team and was named to the All-Conference team both in 2007 and in 2008.
- Joined the Indiana Ice of the USHL after the high school season ended â€“ he posted three points (1-2--3) and was a plus-five in 12 games.
- Will attend University of North Dakota in the fall of 2009.
- Was an All-Conference football player in his senior year at Eastview and also sang in the concert chorus.
- Patterns his game after Hall of Famer Scott Stevens -- "he was respected and he played hard every game, and wears number 14 because it's a family number".
- Played on his first team in Ohio with the Athens Bobcats and went on to play minor hockey for Apple Valley before attending Eastview.
- Got his start in hockey at the age of four after his parents watched a semi-professional game, they put me on the ice and I never looked back.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career, they supported me and pushed me when I needed and the best advice he has ever received was from Coach Westrum, play defense and see what you can do.
- His pre-game rituals include giving high-fives to all his teammates, listening to "Down with the Sickness" and being the last one out on the ice.
- His most memorable hockey moment was when his Eastview high school team played at the XcelEnergyCenter for the championship game of the Schwans Cup.
- If he could have dinner with any three people he would choose Bobby Orr, Thomas Edison, Abe Lincoln or Tom Hanks, because they all changed history.
- His most embarrassing song on his iPod is "Want to" by Sugarland and if he could be in any one movie he would want to be in Slapshot.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player: Minnesota's Marian Gaborik
Shootout move: "shoot five hole all day"
Goal celebration: "go and stand by our goalie and have my teammates high-five me"
Practice Drill: 5-on-5 breakout drill
Video Game: Call of Duty 4
Movie: Christmas Vacation
TV Show: Family Guy
Actor: Dane Cook
Book: A million little pieces by James Frey
Pump-up song: "Down with the sickness" by Tool
Food to cook: Easy Mac
Sport (other than hockey): Football
Activity away from the rink: Weight lifting and choir
Toy growing up: Hammer and pegs
Place to shop: Abercrombie, Westwood and Hockey Giant
Place to visit: Mexico