North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||St. John's, QMJHL
||June 18, 1990
||St- John's, NF
||St- John's, NF, CAN
- He had eight points (3-5--8) for the Fog Devils in the first round of the QMJHL playoffs before being eliminated by Acadie-Bathurst.
- Led the Fog Devils in scoring during the 2007-08 regular-season with 66 points (36-30--66).
- Became the first Fog Devil to score four goals in a game when he led St. John's to an 8-2 win over the Lewiston Maineiacs on November 9, 2007.
- His dad, Russ, was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the seventh round, 137th overall, in 1980, he played eight games with the Leafs in 1982-83.
- Luke was selected in the 1st Round (7th Overall) in the 2006 QMJHL Entry Draft by the Fog Devils.
- He got his first pair of skates for his first birthday and began skating on the backyard rink at the age of two. He began his minor hockey career in the novice division with the Avalon Celtics. He played for Avalon until bantam before playing Midget AAA in St. John's.
- Patterns his game after Tampa Bay's Vincent Lecavalier's a big strong playmaker, goal scorer and leader, and he wears number 19 because his favorite player is Steve Yzerman.
- His most memorable hockey moments are playing in the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge in 2005-06 and representing Team Newfoundland at the 2007 Canada Winter Games.
- If he could have dinner with any three people he would choose Steve Yzerman, Tiger Woods and Gordie Howe, they are all-time greats and the best at their sports.
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is "Boom, Boom, Boom" by the VengaBoys and the one movie he would want to be in is Dumbo.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings
NHL Player: San Jose's Joe Thornton and Tampa Bay's Vincent Lecavalier
Shootout move: "Going cheese"
Practice Drill: Shootout
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Movie: Any Given Sunday
TV Show: Prison Break
Actor: Denzel Washington
Group: Blink 182
Book: Mr. Poppers Penguins
Pump-up song: "Way I Are" by Timbaland
Food to cook: Mini Pizza
Activity away from the rink: Playing golf
Toy growing up: Yo-Yo
Place to shop: American Eagle
Place to visit: Windsor, Ontario