Corvette Drawing This Friday
Tuesday, 04.4.2006 / 12:00 AM ET / News
Buffalo Sabres | Press Release
A total of 750 tickets were sold at $100 apiece for a chance to win the sports car. The final drawing for the car will held at the Sabres/Flyers game on April 7 during the first intermission with the winner being selected live from four finalists, who were drawn at random during the week.
The winner does not have to be present at the game to win.
All proceeds from the sale of the tickets benefited the Buffalo Sabres Foundation, a New York state not-for-profit corporation dedicated to the betterment of Western New York and its residents.
The Buffalo Sabres Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit foundation that is committed to enhancing the quality of life for the Western New York region. In the process, the foundation strives to assist worthwhile organizations that make this region a better place to live and work. The primary focus of the foundation is to assist youth hockey initiatives, children's health and wellness initiatives, specifically those that serve the underprivileged and handicapped, and to provide support to non-profit organizations and groups that provide vital services to those in need in our community.
Procedures Regarding the Conduct of the Drawing
The random drawing of the prize-winner from among eligible contest entries will be conducted in accordance with the following procedures:
1. All tickets (750) have been sold as of Monday, April 3, 2005.
2. The drawing will take place in two steps on April 5, 2006 and April 7, 2006. All aspects of the drawing will be conduced under the observation and supervision of an independent auditor from the accounting firm of Freed Maxick & Battaglia.
3. An initial preliminary drawing will be held on April 5, 2006 to select four finalists for the prize drawing. The four finalists will be selected simultaneously in a random drawing. The drawing of the four finalists will be conducted under the observation and supervision of an independent auditor from the accounting firm of Freed Maxick & Battaglia.
4. An attempt will thereafter be made to contact each of the four selected finalists to invite each to attend the April 7, 2006 Buffalo Sabres versus Philadelphia Flyers hockey game as a guest of the Sabres and to attend a drawing ceremony at the game. However, neither attendance at the April 7 game nor notification of the finalist as a finalist is required to be eligible to win.
5. On April 7, 2006, between the 1st and 2nd periods of the game, the drawing to select to winner of the prize will be held during a drawing ceremony conducted on the ice surface of HSBC Arena. The prize-winner will be selected by random drawing from among the 4 finalists selected during the drawing ceremony. The drawing of prize-winner will be conducted under the observation and supervision of an independent auditor from the accounting firm of Freed Maxick & Battaglia. The prize-winner need not be present to win.
6. If not present at the April 7, 2006 game, the prize-winner will be notified by phone and mail within 10 business days of the drawing. Whether notified at the April 7, 2006 game or thereafter within 10 business days of the drawing, the prize-winner will have until the 5 p.m. on the fifth business day following the date of notification to claim his or her prize. The prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of his or her acceptance of the prize.