Sabres' Six To Remember
Wednesday, 08.9.2006 / 12:00 AM ET / News
Buffalo Sabres | Press Release
August 9, 2006
With training camp just over a month away, the Buffalo Sabres and the MSG Network are joining forces to satisfy hungry Sabres fans with a series of weekly rebroadcasts from the team's memorable 2005-06 season.
Beginning August 15, "Sabres Six to Remember: The Best of 05-06" will air for six consecutive Tuesday nights from 8-10 p.m. on MSG Network. Each game will be aired in a two-hour format, featuring additional commentary from host Kevin Sylvester.
Sabres fans can determine the games that will air through a web poll on sabres.com. Starting today, fans can vote for their favorite six games on sabres.com, selecting from a predetermined list of 10 games from last season.
Following are the 10 games that fans will have to choose from:
* Jason Pominville's OT series-clinching goal at Ottawa (May 13)
* Chris Drury scores in OT to cap a wild 7-6 victory at Ottawa (May 5)
* Daniel Briere's double OT goal in Game 1 vs. Philadelphia (April 22)
* Buffalo's 4-3 win vs. Dallas with President Clinton in attendance (December 14)
* Buffalo wins the first shootout in franchise history at Tampa Bay (October 13)
* Sabres open the season with a 6-4 win vs. NY Islanders (October 5)
* Thomas Vanek's "around the world" shootout winner vs. Ottawa (February 4)
* Sabres bounce back with a 3-2 shootout win at Toronto (April 3)
* Tim Connolly's highlight reel game winner vs. Toronto (November 11)
* Martin Biron wins his 12th straight game at Pittsburgh (December 16)