Six to Remember Air's Tuesday
Monday, 08.14.2006 / 12:00 AM / News
The votes are in! The first installment of "Sabres Six to Remember" is set for Tuesday night at 8 p.m. on MSG Network. Sabres fans can relive the thrills of Opening Night 2005, when the New York Islanders visited HSBC Arena for the first game of the season on October 5, 2005. Buffalo came out on top by a final score of 6-4, as the "New NHL" came as advertised with plenty of goals, scoring chances and end-to-end excitement.
"Sabres Six to Remember: The Best of 05-06" will air for six consecutive Tuesday nights from 8-10 p.m. on MSG Network. Each game will be aired in a two-hour format, featuring additional commentary from host Kevin Sylvester.
Fans can still determine the remaining five games by voting on a web poll on sabres.com. Vote for your favorites by selecting from the list of nine remaining games from last season.
Voting for the remaining five games ends Wednesday at 5 p.m.
* Jason Pominville's OT series-clinching goal at Ottawa (May 13)
* Chris Drury scores in OT to cap a wild 7-6 victory at Ottawa (May 5)
* Daniel Briere's double OT goal in Game 1 vs. Philadelphia (April 22)
* Buffalo's 4-3 win vs. Dallas (December 14)
* Buffalo wins the first shootout at Tampa Bay (October 13)
* Thomas Vanek's "around the world" vs. Ottawa (February 4)
* Sabres bounce back with a 3-2 shootout win at Toronto (April 3)
* Tim Connolly's highlight reel game winner vs. Toronto (November 11)
* Martin Biron wins his 12th straight game at Pittsburgh (December 16)