Enter To Win Rules And Regulations
Thursday, 02.08.2007 / 12:00 AM / News
Buffalo Sabres | Press Release
Buffalo Sabres Foundation
Chrysler Crossfire Giveaway
Official Rules of the Drawing
Official Rules: These Official Rules of the Drawing set forth the terms and conditions of the Buffalo Sabres Foundation Chrysler Crossfire Giveaway (the "Drawing"). The Drawing is offered by the Buffalo Sabres Foundation, a New York state not-for-profit corporation qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. According to IRS regulations, contributions to purchase raffle tickets are not regarded as gifts and do not qualify as tax-deductible contributions.
Tickets: Tickets for the Drawing are $50 per ticket. Tickets may be purchased at the HSBC Arena Box Office or as elsewhere made available by the Buffalo Sabres Foundation. Purchases may be made by cash, check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express accepted). A maximum of 1,500 tickets will be sold. Tickets will be sold in a first come, first-served basis while supplies last and will be sold no later than 5 p.m. on March 24, 2007 (or such later date as the Buffalo Sabres Foundation may establish). Ticket proceeds directly benefit the Buffalo Sabres Foundation.
-- Grand Prize (1 winner): 2005 Chrysler Crossfire automobile.
-- Runner-up Prize (3 winners): Team autographed Buffalo Sabres replica jersey.
-- Additional Prize (10 winners): Team autographed stick.
No individual may be awarded more than one prize. Once selected for a prize, an individual shall thereupon be ineligible to receive any other prize. Prize winners will be selected in accordance with the below procedures, and will be notified and must claim their prizes in accordance with those procedures. All prize winners must be eligible participants in the drawing in accordance with the eligibility criteria set forth herein. Ticket holders need not be present to win.
Eligibility: Participants must be at least 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States to be eligible to win. Employees of Hockey Western New York, LLC (Buffalo Sabres), Western New York Arena, LLC (HSBC Arena), Western New York Lacrosse, LLC (Buffalo Bandits), the Buffalo Sabres Foundation and participating sponsor Northtown Sheridan Chrysler Jeep, and immediate family members (including, without limitation, parents, spouses, children or siblings) of the foregoing, are not eligible to win. Winners must present satisfactory evidence of identification and execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release in order to claim his or her prize. The form of Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that is required is available upon request.
Use of Name, Likenesses, etc.: By entering the Drawing, each participant agrees to have his or her name, photo, likeness and ticket number publicized.
Other: The winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes, fees, withholdings, license and registration, and other charges as may be required under applicable law. Tickets and prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. The Drawing is subject and subordinate to all applicable all Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations and decrees. Void where prohibited. These Official Rules are subject to change without notice as determined by the Buffalo Sabres Foundation. All determinations of the Buffalo Sabres Foundation shall be final.
Procedures for the Drawing
The random drawing of the prize-winners from among eligible contest entries will be conducted in accordance with the following procedures:
1. All tickets (maximum of 1,500) will have been sold as of 5:00 pm Saturday, March 24, 2007. No tickets will be sold after that time.
2. Drawings will be conducted on March 26, 2007 as follows: There will be an initial drawing on March 26, 2007 of 4 finalists from among all entries received. The grand prize winner will be selected from these 4 finalists at a drawing during the March 30, 2007 Buffalo Sabres game as referenced below; runner up prizes will be awarded to the 3 finalists not selected as grand prize winner. Following the selection of the 4 finalists on March 26, 2007, there will be a subsequent drawing that same date in which 10 additional prize winners will be selected from among all remaining entries (that is, from among all entries received other than the 4 finalists). The drawings on March 26, 2007 will be conducted under the observation and supervision of an independent auditor from the accounting firm of Freed Maxick & Battaglia.
3. An attempt will be made following the drawing of the 4 finalists to contact each of the four selected finalists to invite each such finalist to attend the March 30, 2007 Buffalo Sabres versus New York Islanders hockey game as a guest of the Sabres and to attend a drawing ceremony at the game. However, neither attendance at the March 30th game nor notification of the finalist as a finalist is required to be eligible to win.
5. On March 30, 2007, a drawing to select the grand prize winner from among the 4 finalists previously selected will be held during a drawing ceremony between the 1st and 2nd periods of the game. The 3 remaining finalists not selected as grand prize winner will be announced as winners of the runner-up prizes. The winners of the additional prizes will also be announced. The drawing of grand prize-winner on March 30, 2007 will be conducted under the observation and supervision of an independent auditor from the accounting firm of Freed Maxick & Battaglia. Prize-winners need not be present to win.
6. If not present at the March 30, 2007 game, the grand prize-winner and the winners of the runner up prizes and additional prizes will be notified by phone and mail within 10 business days of the drawing. Whether notified at the March 30, 2007 game or thereafter within 10 business days of the drawing, each prize-winner will have until the 5 p.m. on the fifth business day following the date of notification to claim his or her prize. The prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of his or her acceptance of the prize.
Any and all inquiries concerning the Drawing may be made in writing to Buffalo Sabres Foundation Chrysler Crossfire Giveaway, One Seymour H. Knox III Plaza, Buffalo NY 14203 or by telephone to 1-888-GO-SABRES. After March 30, 2007, to receive the number of the winning ticket, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Buffalo Sabres Foundation Chrysler Crossfire Giveaway, One Seymour H. Knox III Plaza, Buffalo NY 14203 with your request.