2008 NHL WINTER CLASSIC FACT SHEET
Stadium Capacity: 73,000
Stadium parking lots open five (5) hours before face-off at and will close approximately two (2) hours after the game.
Please note parking prices:
- Passenger Vehicles:
$25.00 (Cash Lots – 1, 2, 3, 5, A, E, and F)
- Handicap Passenger Vehicles
- Campers (Camper
$40 - Game day entry only
$ 60.00 (Lot C, east off
$60.00 (Bus Lot, east off
Bus service directly to Ralph Wilson Stadium
All service leaves two hours before game time
$7.00 round-trip, Metro monthly, 30-day, day and weekend passes are not valid
- Metro Transit Center on Niagara Street near Main Street in the City of Tonawanda
- Metro Rail University Station on Main Street
- Metropolitan Transportation Center at the bus station in downtown Buffalo
- Metro Transit Center on Harlem Road near Walden Avenue
- Main and Transit, the northeast corner of near Eastern Hills Mall
- Niagara Falls Transit Center on Portage
AMP ENERGY /
Stadium Policy and Procedures:
Every fan entering Ralph Wilson Stadium will be subject to a security inspection in an effort to assure a safe and enjoyable game-day experience. In addition to the security inspection, security staff will conduct bag searches at all entrances to Ralph Wilson Stadium. Please pay special attention to our bag policy: only bags smaller than 12” x 12” x 12” are allowed into the stadium on game days.
Anyone attending the Winter Classic at Ralph Wilson Stadium will be subject to a voluntary security inspection, administered by a screener prior to gate entry. To limit the potential wait time you could experience with gate entry, we have a few suggestions:
- Arrive at the stadium gates as early as possible (gates open at ).
- Limit the number of items you bring with you to minimize search time.
- Please follow all signage and direction from security personnel.
- If you give tickets to someone who may not be familiar with stadium security policies, please alert your guests to these measures.
- Additional clothing and blankets (if carried loosely)
- Bags no larger than 12"x12"x12"
- Cameras with lenses of six (6) inches or less
- Food - unopened, single serve containers carried in clear plastic bags
- Seat cushions 15"x15" or smaller
- Small, pocket-sized electronic devices such as radios or hand-held TV's (fans will be asked to turn them on for inspection)
- Aerosol Cans
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs for the disabled)
- Bags larger than 12"x12"x12"
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Bottles, cans, thermoses and other beverage containers
- Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches
- Chairs or seat cushions with arms or backs (other than those approved for persons with accessibility needs requirements) larger than 15"x15"
- Clothing with profane or abusive language, obscene graphics, or material considered to be indecent by Stadium Management
- Coolers and ice chests
- Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of fans
- Illegal drugs and substances
- Inflatable devices (balloons, etc.)
- Laptop computers
- Large, professional style camera bags
- Laser pointer devices
- Monopods and tripods
- Promotional materials advertising organizations or companies not affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres or the National Hockey League
- Radios or hand-held TV's larger than pocket-sized
- Sticks or poles
- Video Cameras
- Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)
Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by Stadium Management may be prohibited. Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium will be considered a violation of the Fan Code of Conduct and will result in the guest being ejected and may result in arrest and/or ticket purchasing privileges being revoked.
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
The staff at Ralph Wilson Stadium strives to make your day at Ralph Wilson Stadium an enjoyable, family-oriented experience. Therefore, the following Code of Conduct has been established for all fans and stadium employees in or on the stadium premises.
The Code of Conduct requires that fans:
Refrain from interfering with the progress of the game, going onto the field or throwing any object onto the field or on the stadium premises.
Refrain from smoking, except in designated areas.
Refrain from foul, obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions.
Refrain from excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Refrain from fighting.
Refrain from unruly or inconsiderate behavior.
Refrain from indecent exposure or undressing.
Refrain from wearing obscene, indecent clothing, or apparel with profane or abusive language. Such persons will not be allowed entry into the stadium.
Refrain from conduct that endangers spectators or participants.
We value your enthusiasm, but ask that all fans exercise good judgment and observe the Code of Conduct listed herein. Please observe the rights of others by displaying proper decorum. Violators may be ejected from the stadium premises. Should you observe any of the above violations, please contact a stadium staff member to report the problem or call the Game Day Fan Hotline at (716) 312-8933.
Erie County Local Laws prohibit smoking within the confines of Ralph Wilson Stadium including concourses, bathrooms, concession areas, suite and club areas, and all seating areas. Smoking is permitted only in the clearly defined designated smoking areas adjacent to the outer perimeter fence. Smoking in areas of the stadium not designated as a smoking area may result in the issuance of an appearance ticket. Violations of the Local Law are punishable by a civil penalty and may result in a fine.
Alcohol cutoff is at the 10:00 mark of the 3rd period in general seating areas. Clubs and suites conclude at the end of the game. Ralph Wilson Stadium does not currently have in seat beer vending. There is in seat vending for food, soda and water.
Credit cards will be accepted at select locations.
Suites – Ordering deadline is December 26th. Menus and Order Guide were sent to suite holders on December 3rd. A limited menu will be offered day of game. There will be three (3) suite packages offered. All packages serve twelve (12) people.
Starting December 26th, pre-sale of selected apparel and novelties will be available for purchase at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Day of game there will be over 30 locations to purchase all Winter Classic apparel, jerseys, novelties and programs starting at . There will be retail outlets located in the parking lot and in the stadium. Credit cards will be accepted at all locations.Retail pre-order forms for all apparel, novelties and programs will be sent to all suite holders on December 15th.