SABRES GO GREEN WITH LAUNCH OF THE "BLUE & GOLD MAKE GREEN INITIATIVE"
Sunday, 02.17.2008 / 2:06 PM / Blue & Gold Make Green
Did you know…
- HSBC Arena manages its light use with a centrally-controlled lighting system and, where appropriate, motion-sensor lighting controls. The lighting schedule is set around event and work schedules to minimize unnecessary use.
- Wherever possible, fluorescent lighting is used in concourses, restrooms, and offices.
- HSBC Arena HVAC is controlled by a central building management system, with heating and cooling as necessary based on the building’s event schedule.
HSBC Arena Recycles…
- We recycle all cardboard - about 5,300 pounds (2.65 tons) per year.
- We recycle all office paper.
- We recycle all computer and office equipment
Keeping it Clean…
- In our offices, locker rooms & suites, HSBC Arena uses a single general purpose cleaner in different dilution rates for floors, mirrors, windows, restrooms, etc. It reduces the amount of packaging we use and is Green Seal certified. Green Seal is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to safeguarding the environment.
- Our bath tissue and paper towel supplier is Environmental Choice certified. Environmental Choice is a major, third party certification based on a holistic, process-based approach of manufacturing green products.
- All of our major equipment and operating systems are regularly serviced and maintained to keep them operating as efficiently as possible.