Monday, 12.29.2008 / 3:51 PM / Features
|Mathieu Darche (Photo: Heather Harvey)|
Week of 12/29/08
- Today, the Pirates travel to Worcester to face the Sharks at the DCU Center at 7:05 p.m. The game was originally scheduled for Friday, December 19th, but was postponed because of inclement weather.
- Following the 7-1 win on Sunday night over the Worcester Sharks, the Pirates have won five straight home games.
- Portland has scored 22 total goals in their last five home contests.
- The Pirates scored a season-high 7 goals on Sunday night in their 7-1 win over the Worcester Sharks.
- The Pirates are 13-0 when scoring four or more goals in a game.
- Jhonas Enroth made 29 saves on Saturday night against Manchester and turned aside 32 saves on Sunday in the Pirates 7-1 victory against Worcester. Enroth ranks 13th among AHL goalies with a 2.52 goals against average.
- Jhonas Enroth has won three of his last four starts.
- Mark Mancari had a goal and an assist on Saturday night in the Pirates 3-2 loss to the Manchester Monarchs. Mancari leads the team in points with 32 (12+20).
- Mathieu Darche scored a goal and an assist on Sunday against Worcester. The former Shark has five points (2+3) this season against his former club.
- Pirates defenseman Paul Baier has four points in his last four games (1 goal, 3 assists).
- On Sunday night, both Trent Campbell and Chase Trull scored their first career AHL goals for the Pirates in the 7-1 win over Worcester.
- After the 7-1 win on Sunday against the Sharks, the Pirates are 14-0 this season when leading after the second period.
- The Pirates have allowed the fewest goals among the Atlantic Division teams (87).
- Portland is the least penalized team in the Atlantic Division with just 515 penalty minutes.
- On Sunday, the Buffalo Sabres reassigned Tim Kennedy to Portland. Kennedy made his NHL debut on Saturday in the Sabres' 4-3 shootout win over the New York Islanders.
- Mark Mancari ranks 16th among AHL scoring leaders with 32 points (12+20).
- Tim Kennedy ranks 2nd among AHL rookies in scoring with 27 points (5+22).
- Tim Kennedy leads all AHL rookies in assists with 22.
- Mathieu Darche has seven points in his last four games.
- Marek Zagrapan has a four game point-scoring streak.
Pirates forward Mathieu Darche is the Pirates Player of the Week. The 32 year-old notched three points (1+2) this week during the Pirates' two games.
On Saturday, the Montreal, Quebec native recorded an assist in the Pirates 3-2 loss to the Manchester Monarchs. On Sunday afternoon, Darche extended his point-scoring streak to four games with a goal and an assist and was a plus-3 in the Pirates 7-1 win against the Worcester Sharks.
Portland Pirates Upcoming Schedule
Wed., Dec. 31 5:30 p.m. vs. Norfolk
Sat., Jan. 3 7:00 p.m. vs. Norfolk
Sun., Jan. 4 4:00 p.m. vs. Springfield
For more information, click here.