Monday, 01.5.2009 / 4:43 PM ET / Features
|Tim Kennedy (Photo: Heather Harvey)|
Pirates Weekly Media Notes
Week of 1/5/09Notables:
- On Sunday afternoon, the Pirates earned their 14th home win of the season with a 4-1 win over the Springfield Falcons. The Pirates 14 home wins are second most in the AHL behind Providence (15).
- The Pirates have won seven of their last eight home games.
- Portland has scored 30 total goals in their last eight home contests.
- After the 4-1 win on Sunday over Springfield, the Pirates are 15-0 when scoring four or more goals in a game.
- Jhonas Enroth has made 10 consecutive starts in a row. Enroth made 25+ saves in each game this week and ranks 10th among all AHL goalies with a 2.44 GAA.
- In the last eight days, four Pirates players have scored their first AHL goals. Defenseman Zach Tarkir scored his first career AHL goal on 12/28, Chase Trull first goal and assist came in the Pirates win over Worcester on 12/28 and Trent Campbell earned his first AHL goal on New Year’s Eve against Norfolk. Most recently, Pirates forward Keith Johnson scored his first career AHL goal yesterday in the Pirates 4-1 win over Springfield.
- The Pirates are 16-0 this season when leading after the second period.
- The Pirates have allowed the fewest goals among the Atlantic Division teams (95).
- Portland is the least penalized team in the Atlantic Division with just 569 penalty minutes.
- Mark Mancari ranks 12th among AHL scoring leaders with 36 points (14 goals, 22 assists).
- Tim Kennedy ranks 2nd among AHL rookies in scoring with 28 points (5 goals, 23 assists).
- Tim Kennedy leads all AHL rookies in assists with 23.
- Marc-Andre Gragnani ranks 4th among all AHL defensemen in scoring with 24 points (4 goals, 20 assists)
- Marek Zagrapan had his 6 game point-scoring streak snapped on Sunday against Springfield. Zagrapan had 3 points this week (1 goal, 2 assists).
- Trent Campbell has a three game point-scoring streak.
- Mark Mancari has four game point-scoring streak.
Pirates Player of Week: #25 Mark Mancari
Pirates forward Mark Mancari is the Pirates Player of the Week. The London, Ontario native notched 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists) this week during the Pirates four games.
On Monday against Worcester, the 23 year-old recorded an assist in the Pirates 3-2 loss to the Sharks at the DCU Center. On Wednesday, he scored his 13th goal of the season in the Pirates 2-1 win over the Norfolk Admirals. On Saturday night, Mancari recorded a goal in the Pirates 3-2 loss to the Norfolk Admirals.
To close the week, Mancari earned an assist on one of the four Pirates goals en route to a 4-1 win over the Springfield Falcons. Currently, Mancari leads the team in points with 36 (14 goals, 22 assists) and has a four game point-scoring streak.
Portland Pirates Upcoming Schedule
|Wednesday, January 7||7 p.m. @ Lowell|
|Friday January 9||7 p.m. vs. Lowell|
|Saturday, January 10||7 p.m. vs. Springfield|
|Sunday January 11||4 p.m. vs. Springfield|
For more information, click here.