PORTLAND REPORT: 1/26/09
Monday, 01.26.2009 / 3:07 PM ET / Features
|Jhonas Enroth (Photo: Heather Harvey)|
Week of 1/26/09
- On Friday night, Jhonas Enroth made his sixth consecutive start and stopped all 29 shots to earn his 3rd shutout of the of the season in a 1-0 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
- Pirates forward Mathieu Darche scored the game-winning goal in the Pirates 2-1 overtime win on Saturday against Bridgeport. The game-winning goal was his 7th of the season tying him for the league lead in that category.
- With the two wins this weekend, the Pirates are 3-0 against Bridgeport this season.
- The Pirates have allowed the fewest goals among Atlantic Division teams (123).
- Portland is the least penalized team in the Atlantic Division with just 687 penalty minutes.
- Mark Mancari ranks 16th among AHL scoring leaders with 42 points (18 goals, 24 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 9th among AHL goal scorers with 19 goals.
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 1st among AHL rookies in scoring with 34 points (19 goals, 15 assists).
- Marc-Andre Gragnani was recalled by Buffalo today. At the time of his recall, he ranks 4th among all AHL defensemen in scoring with 30 points (4 goals, 26 assists).
- Tonight, Pirates forward Mark Mancari will play for the Canadian All-Star team in the 2009 AHL All-Star Classic presented by Charter Communications at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA. Pirates forwards, Nathan Gerbe and Tim Kennedy were selected to the Planet USA All-Star team, but are unable to participate. The game will also be televised on TSN in Canada, a series of regional sports networks in the United States, AHL Live and the NHL Home Ice channel on Sirius XM Radio and XM Canada.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
|2/04/09||Pirates vs. Worcester 7:00 p.m.|
|2/10/09||Pirates vs. Albany 7:00 p.m. at the HSBC Areana|
|The Pirates take their home ice advantage to the HSBC Arena. Family Packs are available for $79.50 and include four 100 Level III tickets to the game, four hot dogs and sodas, one bag of popcorn and an autographed puck. Click here for more info.|
|2/13/09||Pirates vs. Worchester 7:00 p.m.|
PIRATES PLAYER OF THE WEEK: #1 Jhonas Enroth
Pirates goalie Jhonas Enroth is the Pirates Player of the Week. This is the first time this season he has earned the honor. The Pirates netminder recorded his third shutout of the season this week along with124 saves in his four games this past week.
To start the week, Enroth made 27 saves on Monday in a 3-1 loss to the Hartford Wolf Pack. Two days later, he stopped 32 of 34 shots on the road in a 2-1 loss to Lowell. On Friday night, he made 29 saves en route to his third shutout of the season in a 1-0 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. On Saturday night, Enroth stood on his head again with 36 saves on 37 shots, to earn a 2-1 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Enroth posted a 1.50 GAA and .953 save percentage in his four games this week. On the season, Enroth ranks 14th among AHL goalie with a 2.47 goals against average.
|1/23||vs. Bridgeport||29||29||0.00||1.00%||Third shutout of the season.|
|1/25||vs. Bridgeport||37||36||1.00||.972%||Sixth consecutive start.|
|TOTALS:||130||124||1.50||.953%||Team Record: 2-2-0-0, T-2nd Place|