PORTLAND REPORT: 2/9/09
Monday, 02.09.2009 / 11:15 AM / Features
|Tim Kennedy (Photo: Heather Harvey)|
Week of 2/9/09
- On Wednesday night in the Pirates 5-3 loss to the Worcester Sharks, Pirates forward Tim Kennedy scored two goals just 59 seconds apart. The season record for the fastest two goals scored by one player belongs to Pirates forward Tyler Bouck. Earlier this season, Bouck scored two goals just 44 seconds apart.
- On Friday night at the Glens Falls Civic Center, Pirates goalie Jhonas Enroth made a season-high 44 saves in the Pirates 3-2 shootout loss to the Albany River Rats. His performance included 20 saves on 20 shots by the River Rats in the second period.
- On Sunday afternoon, Pirates goalie John DeCaro earned his first AHL win in his first AHL start since the 2005-06 season with the Philadelphia Phantoms. DeCaro made 37 saves on 39 shots in the Pirates 3-2 victory over the Hershey Bears.
- The Pirates are 3 for 11 on the power play over their last 4 contests. The team’s power play is currently running at 85.4% that ranks 6th among all 29 AHL teams.
- Pirates forward Nathan Gerbe is averaging 1.16 points/game.
- Pirates forward Colton Fretter leads the team in shooting percentage (18.3%).
- Mark Mancari ranks 17th among AHL scoring leaders with 45 points (19 goals, 26 assists).
- Mathieu Darche ranks tied for 1st among AHL leaders in game-winning goals with 7.
- Jhonas Enroth ranks 12th among AHL goalies with a 2.47 GAA.
- Jhonas Enroth ranks 3rd among AHL goalies with 1,061 saves this season.
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 2nd among AHL rookies in scoring with 36 points (19 goals, 17 assists).
- Tim Kennedy ranks 6th among AHL rookies in scoring with 35 points (7 goals, 28 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 11th among AHL goal scorers with 19 goals.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookie assists leaders with 28 assists.
- Marc-Andre Gragnani ranks 4th among AHL defensemen in scoring with 32 points (4 goals, 28 assists).
- Marc-Andre Gragnani ranks 3rd among AHL defensemen in assists with 28.
- The Pirates have allowed the fewest goals among Atlantic Division teams (137).
- Portland is the least penalized team in the Atlantic Division with just 740 penalty minutes.
- The Pirates play at HSBC Arena on Tuesday, February 10th against the Albany River Rats. Over 8,300 tickets have been sold for the game.
- Nathan Gerbe has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) against the Albany River Rats this season.
|2/10/09||vs. Albany 7:00 p.m. at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY|
|The Pirates take their home ice advantage to the HSBC Arena, home of their NHL affiliate Buffalo Sabres. Family Packs are available for $79.50 and include four 100 Level III tickets to the game, four hot dogs and sodas, one bag of popcorn and an autographed puck.|
|2/13/09||vs. Worcester 7:00 p.m.|
|2/14/09||vs. Providence 7:00 p.m.|
PIRATES PLAYER OF THE WEEK: #10 Tim Kennedy
Pirates forward Tim Kennedy is the Pirates Player of the Week. This is the second time this season that Kennedy has earned the honor. The former Michigan State standout notched 2 points (2 goals, 0 assists) this week during the Pirates three games.
On Wednesday night, the Buffalo, New York native recorded two goals in the Pirates 5-3 loss to the Worcester Sharks. On Saturday and Sunday, Kennedy did not record a point. Kennedy ranks 6th among AHL rookies in scoring with 35 points (7 goals, 28 assists. He also ranks 1st among AHL rookie assists leaders with 28 assists.