PANTHERS VS. SABRES FAN GUIDE
Friday, 03.25.2011 / 9:48 AM / Sabres Fan Guide
LIVE ON MSG-B(HD) Radio: Listen Live
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres game-day skate
Open to the public & free of charge to attend
- 5:30 p.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:30 p.m.: Game Time
ARENA INFO FOR TODAY'S GAME
- Tonight is the last meeting of the year between the Sabres and the Panthers.
- Buffalo is 1-2-0 this year against Florida.
- In their last meeting, Buffalo won 3-2 in overtime on a Tyler Myers' slapshot with :05 remaining in the OT period.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue home jerseys for tonight's game with the Panthers.
- Shop The Sabres Store and save 20% On Sabres Primary and 40th Logo Jerseys. Take advantage of many other in-store specials.
- Last game's Sabres Alumni 50/50 raffle was for $10,637. Don't forget to purchase your tickets. Tickets are sold up to the end of the second period.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAME
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Sabres are 21-10-5 since Jan. 1… The Sabres have sold out eight straight home games; 18 this season… Tyler Ennis has 10 points (6+4) in the last 11 games… The Sabres haven’t lost consecutive games since Feb. 18-20… Mark Mancari has four points (1+3) in his last three games after getting seven (2+5) in the first 25 of his career… Nathan Gerbe has scored in each of the last three games (4+1)… The Sabres have allowed one power play goal in the past eight games (26-for-27)… Buffalo’s 7-3-2 March record is its best since the lockout.
- GERBE EXCELS DOWN THE STRETCH
Nathan Gerbe scored both goals in Buffalo’s 2-0 victory at Montreal on Tuesday. Gerbe, who didn’t score a goal until his 21st game of the season and only scored one goal in the first 25 games, has rebounded to score 12 goals in his next 30 games. His six goals during the month of March tied him with Tyler Ennis and five other players for ninth-most in the league entering play Thursday. Gerbe is currently on a three-game goal scoring streak, tying the longest such streak for the Sabres this season. Buffalo is 8-1-2 when he scores at least once.
- SEKERA LENDING A HELPING HAND
Entering play Wednesday, Andrej Sekera tied Ryan Getzlaf and Joe Pavelski for the league lead with 12 assists in 12 games during the month of March. Sekera has 15 points (2+13) in his last 13 games after snapping a 19-game pointless skid.
- IT’S ALWAYS MILLER TIME IN BUFFALO
Ryan Miller recorded his fourth shutout of the season Tuesday at Montreal. Miller is now one shutout away from tying his career high. Miller has been especially proficient in games in which he has faced 35 or more shots. In these games, Miller has posted an 8-4-3 record with a .936 save percentage and a 2.37 goals against average.
- SHOOTING GALLERY
The Sabres have out-shot their opponents in 42 of 73 games this year. Their average of 33.0 shots per game are the most by a Sabres team since 1975-76 (34.0) and tied Boston for third in the league entering play Thursday. The Sabres had the sixth-best shot differential in the league before Thursday’s games.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.
|SABRES WARM-UP TUNES|
|All songs chosen by players for warm-ups.|
|3.||A Day to Remember
||All I Want
|TUNES FOR TONIGHT
|Keep an ear out for these songs at tonight's game.
|4.||The Planet Smashers
|FAN TUNES FOR TONIGHT
|These songs were chosen by the fans for tonight's game.
|1.||Ray Charles - Hit the Road Jack
|2.||Saliva - Click Click Boom
|3.||Gob - I Hear You Calling