FAN GUIDE: FLYERS VS. SABRES
Friday, 04.8.2011 / 9:59 AM ET / Sabres Fan Guide
LIVE ON MSG-B(HD) Radio: Listen Live
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres game-day skate
Open to the public & free of charge to attend
- 5:00 p.m.: Plaza Party kicks off with Sabres Alumni walking the red carpet & a performance by Strictly Hip.
- 5:30.: Arena doors open.
- 7:00.: Pregame ceremony honoring Alumni & 7th Man - Fan of the Year Award winner.
- 7:30 p.m.: Game Time
ARENA INFO FOR TODAY'S GAME
- Tonight is the last meeting of the year between the Sabres and the Flyers.
- Buffalo is 1-2-0 this year against Philadelphia.
- In their last meeting, the Sabres won 5-3 in Philadelphia where Jason Pominville had the game winning tally.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue home jerseys for tonight's game with the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Last game's Sabres Alumni 50/50 raffle was for $12,065. Tonight's 50/50 is worth a guaranteed $40,000! Don't forget to purchase your tickets. Tickets are sold up to the end of the second period.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAME
|CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- 11 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Buffalo is 26-11-6 since Jan. 1; their 58 points are most in the East during that span…
- The Sabres are 14-4-4 since Terry Pegula became owner on Feb. 22…
- The Sabres haven’t lost consecutive games since Feb. 18-20…
- The Sabres are 44-for-47 on the penalty kill (93.6%) over the past 15 games…
- Jhonas Enroth has gotten points in his last seven starts (6-0-1) and is 8-2-2 this year…
- Buffalo’s defensemen have combined for 39 goals, the most since 1990-91…
- Buffalo has sold out 12 straight home games before tonight; 22 this season…
- Thomas Vanek has 16 points (6+10) in his last 16 games…
- The Sabres have two 30+ goal scorers (Vanek, Stafford) for the first time since 2007-08…
- Tim Connolly has seven points (2+5) in his last six games…
- Buffalo is 8-1-2 at home since Feb. 23.
- TARO SEZ… WELCOME BACK!
Tonight is the Sabres’ final home game of the season. It is also Fan Appreciation Night. In honor of the occasion, the Sabres will hold a pre-game ceremony welcoming back more than 80 Sabres retired players, coaches and team staff – about 25 percent of all retired Sabres alumni. In addition, awards will be handed out for Sabres MVP, Rookie of the Year and Hardest Working Player, as well as the “7th Man” Fan of the Year Award.
- CONTROLLING THEIR OWN DESTINY
The Sabres can clinch a playoff spot by gaining at least one point in tonight’s game, or if Carolina does not gain a point at Atlanta. If the Sabres clinch, it would be their second consecutive playoff appearance and their 29th in 40 seasons as a franchise.
- LET’S PLAY TWO
Today’s game begins Buffalo’s 22nd of a league-high 22 sets of back-to-back games this season. The Sabres are 11-8-2 in the first game and 10-8-3 in the second. The Sabres have swept three sets, split 15, and been swept three times. They will conclude this set in their final game of the season tomorrow at Columbus.
- THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
Following Tuesday’s announcement that Marc-Andre Gragnani was named the AHL’s Most Outstanding Defenseman, the AHL announced yesterday that Luke Adam has been selected as the AHL’s Outstanding Rookie. Adam led all AHL rookies with 28 goals and ranked second with 60 points. Adam is the third consecutive Sabres prospect to win the award, joining Tyler Ennis (2009-10) and Nathan Gerbe (2008-09). Tyler Myers, who did not play in the AHL, won the NHL’s Rookie of the Year award in 2009-10.
- THOMAS THE TANK
Thomas Vanek scored his 200th career goal Saturday night, becoming just the 11th player in franchise history to reach the 200-goal plateau. On Tuesday, he followed that feat up with his sixth career hat trick. Vanek is now just eight goals behind Alexander Mogilny for the 10th spot on the franchise list and two points from tying Pat LaFontaine and Dale Hawerchuk for 12th all-time by a Sabre, with 383. The Sabres are 18-4-3 when Vanek scores and 17-2-1 when he records two or more points.
- CONNOLLY HITS 40
With a three-point performance (1+2) vs. Tampa Bay Tuesday, Tim Connolly eclipsed the 40-point mark for the fourth consecutive season. Connolly has 13 goals and 28 assists during the 2010-11 season.
- COMEBACK KIDS
The Sabres were 10 points out of playoff position on Jan. 17. If Buffalo can maintain their current playoff position, they will become the first team to overcome a double-digit point deficit to make the playoffs since the St. Louis Blues did it in 2008-09.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.
|SABRES WARM-UP TUNES|
|All songs chosen by players for warm-ups.|
|3.||A Day to Remember
||All I Want
|TUNES FOR TONIGHT
|Keep an ear out for these songs at tonight's game.
|70s||Kool & the Gang
|00s||The Foo Fighters
|FAN TUNES FOR TONIGHT
|These songs were chosen by the fans for tonight's game.
|1.||Misogny - Rusty
|2.||Tinfoil - Limblifter
|3.||Channel - Less than Jake