FAN GUIDE: FLYERS VS. SABRES
Wednesday, 04.20.2011 / 9:55 AM ET / Sabres Fan Guide
LIVE ON TSN, VERSUS, MSG-B(HD) Radio: Listen Live
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres game-day skate
- 5:30 p.m.: Plaza Party kicks off
- 5:30.: Arena doors open.
- 7:30.:Game Time
ARENA INFO FOR TODAY'S GAME
- Tonight is Game #4 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals between the Buffalo Sabres and the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Sabres & Flyers split the first two games in Philadelphia.
- In their last meeting, the Sabres lost 5-4 in Philadelphia and the Flyers picked up the win in game #3.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue home jerseys for tonight's game with the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Stop by The Sabres Store or any merchandise stand throughout the Arena and purchase your Sabres Merchandise including the 2011 Roster Tee, other playoff tees, playoff hats, first round dueling pucks, pins, car flags, 3 x 5 flags, jerseys and much much more.
- Last game's Sabres Alumni 50/50 raffle was for $17,763. Don't forget to purchase your tickets. Tickets are sold up to the end of the second period.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAME
|CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- GAME 3 RECAP
Nikolay Zherdev’s goal at 16:44 of the 2nd period proved to be the game winner as Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 4-2 at HSBC Arena to take a 2-1 series lead… Marc-Andre Gragnani had two assists for Buffalo, and now has points in each of the first three games… Gragnani also led the Sabres in TOI with 23:51… Drew Stafford took a game-high 6 shots and scored his first playoff goal since April 25/07… The Sabres led in both hits (26-14) and faceoffs (36/62, 58%)… Braydon Coburn was a plus-3 and blocked 4 shots.
- THE ROAD AHEAD
The Sabres are 8-7 all-time in Game 4 when trailing a series 2-1; 6-6 at home. This includes both best-of-5 and best-of-7 series.
- GRAGNANI IS ON THE MARC
Marc-Andre Gragnani entered play on Tuesday leading all NHL rookies in playoff scoring with four points (0+4), and was tied for the overall NHL assist lead. He is the only player on either team to record a point in all three games of the series. Gragnani is the first Sabres rookie to have points in each of his first three playoff games since Richard Smehlik in 1993. The Gragnani/Smehlik connection doesn’t end there, as Smehlik in 1993 was also the last Sabres d-man to record a point in each of Buffalo’s first three playoff games.
- QUICK DRAW
Tim Connolly leads both teams with 40 faceoff wins, and was a game-high 14 of 20 on Monday. Through three games he is among the league leaders in faceoff percentage at 61.5% (40/65). Connolly was 8 of 9 on offensive zone draws in Game 3, including a perfect 7-for-7 against Blair Betts (5/5) and Claude Giroux (2/2). In the first three games, Connolly has won 78.6% (11/14) of his offensive zone faceoffs against Betts.
- SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Blocked Shots: Gragnani (7), Montador/Weber (5)
Hits: Grier (13), Myers (12), Kaleta/Weber (11)
Shots: Stafford (15), Ennis (8), Gerbe/Vanek (7)
- HOW IMPORTANT WAS GAME 1?
In the eight all-time series between the Sabres and Flyers, the winner of Game 1 has gone on to capture the series each time.
- BUFFALO VS. PHILADELPHIA: 2010-11 RECAP
The Sabres were 2-2-0 in four regular season games against Philadelphia… They were 1-1-0 at home; 1-1-0 in Philadelphia… Three of the four games were decided by two goals or more… Thomas Vanek led the Sabres in points (7) and assists (5); Nathan Gerbe had a team-high three goals in four games… Danny Briere topped all scorers with eight points (3+5) in four games… Ryan Miller posted a 3.60 GAA and .890 save% in four games.
- SABRES/FLYERS PLAYOFF HISTORY
This is the ninth playoff meeting all-time between the Sabres and Flyers… Philadelphia leads 5 series wins to 3… Philadelphia won the first four series (1975/78/95/97), before Buffalo won three (1998/2001/2006) of the next four… Philadelphia also won in 2000… There has never been a four-game sweep between these two teams, and none of the previous eight series have ever gone to seven games.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.
|SABRES WARM-UP TUNES|
|All songs chosen by players for warm-ups.|
|3.||A Day to Remember
||All I Want
|TUNES FOR TONIGHT
|Keep an ear out for these songs at tonight's game.
||Rock & Roll Fantasy
|FAN TUNES FOR TONIGHT
|These songs were chosen by the fans for tonight's game.
|1.||Misogyny by Rusty
|2.||Tinfoil by Limblifter
|3.||Drag You Down by Finger Eleven