NATIONAL BROADCAST SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
Team featured on VERSUS ‘Game of the Week’ league-high seven times
Thursday, 08.18.2011 / 3:40 PM / News
|Ryan Miller (Photo: Bill Wippert)|
The Sabres will announce a complete local broadcast schedule next week.
Buffalo’s 12 nationally televised games tie them with four other teams for second-most in the league behind Boston and Philadelphia, who have 13 games each.
In addition to their regular Monday and Tuesday night national broadcasts, VERSUS has added a “Game of the Week” telecast on Wednesday nights. Buffalo appears in the VERSUS “Game of the Week” a league-high seven times, two more than any other team. These games will be shown exclusively on VERSUS throughout the United States and will not be aired on MSG. Below is the list of all 10 Buffalo games scheduled to appear on VERSUS.
- Tuesday, October 25 vs. Tampa Bay, 7:30
- *Wednesday, November 2 vs. Philadelphia, 7:30
- Monday, November 14 at Montreal, 7:00
- *Wednesday, November 16 vs. New Jersey, 7:30
- *Wednesday, December 7 vs. Philadelphia, 7:30
- *Wednesday, January 18 at Chicago, 7:30
- *Wednesday, February 1 vs. NY Rangers, 7:30
- *Wednesday, February 8 vs. Boston, 7:30
- Monday, March 5 at Winnipeg, 8:00
- *Wednesday, March 14 vs. Colorado, 7:30
The Sabres are scheduled for two games on NBC this season. The second of the two games is part of NBC’s flex scheduling, which allows the game to be televised on VERSUS as an exclusive national broadcast if it is not selected to be shown on NBC. The Sabres’ NBC games are as follows:
Sunday, February 19 vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30
Saturday, April 7 at Boston, 3:00 (Flex Scheduling)
The Sabres’ national U.S. broadcast schedule is rounded out by one appearance on NHL Network, on Friday, Dec. 2 vs. Detroit.
The Sabres’ five national TV appearances in Canada on TSN are as follows:
- *Friday, October 7 vs. Anaheim, 1:00
- *Saturday, October 8 at Los Angeles, 2:00
- Tuesday, October 18 at Montreal, 7:30
- Friday, December 16 vs. Toronto, 7:30
- Tuesday, December 20 at Ottawa, 7:30
- Friday, January 13 vs. Toronto, 7:30
- Monday, March 12 vs. Montreal, 7:00
The Sabres will also play six regional Saturday games on CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada:
November 5 at Ottawa, 7:00; December 7 vs. Winnipeg, 7:00; December 31 vs. Ottawa, 7:00; March 3 at Vancouver, 10:00; March 10 at Ottawa, 7:00; March 31 at Toronto, 7:00