FAN GUIDE: AVALANCHE VS. SABRES
Buffalo continues their push for the playoffs tonight with a 7:30 PM match-up with the Colorado Avalanche.
Follow along with Sabres game day updates and join in on the conversation via Twitter by using #SabresChat
LIVE ON NBCSP (HD) Radio: Listen Live
SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
- 10:30 a.m.: Sabres meeting at First Niagara Center
- 5:30 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:30 a.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:30 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's Game Night program can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
- Tonight is the first and only meeting of the year between the Sabres and Avalanche. Buffalo fell to Colorado last year in their only meeting 4-3.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue third jerseys for tonight's game.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE.
- Don't forget to purchase Foundation 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are Jason Pominville, Nathan Gerbe & Brayden McNabb.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants.
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAME
|CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
AVALANCHE vs. SABRES
- First and only meeting between the Sabres and Avalanche this season.
- Last meeting: Colorado defeated Buffalo, 4-3 (OT), in Colorado on Jan. 4, 2011.
- The Sabres are 4-3-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Avalanche; 5-3-2 at home.
- This is the 133rd game all-time between Buffalo and Colorado; the Sabres are 59-50-23 against the Avalanche (36-19-10 at home).
- The Sabres (7-2-1) have 15 points in their last 10 games, trailing only Dallas (19), Pittsburgh (18) and St. Louis (17) for most points in their last 10 games.
- Buffalo has won five straight at home for the first time since closing last season with wins in their last five home games. The Sabres last won six consecutive home games from Jan. 17 to Feb. 15, 2007.
- Buffalo enters the day four points out of a playoff spot after beginning the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of eighth in the Eastern Conference.
- The Sabres are 10-6-0 against the Western Conference this season, including a 3-0-0 record against the Northwest Division. The Avalanche are 11-4-0 against the Eastern Conference, and 4-0-0 against the Northeast.
- The Sabres are looking for their first win against the Avalanche since Dec. 4, 2005 (6-4 win at Colorado).
Marcus Foligno recorded his first career goal on Saturday at OTT and then followed that up with his first assist on Monday vs. MTL… Buffalo has played a league-high 13 overtime games at home… Jason Pominville ranks fourth in the league with 42 points (16+26) in 36 home games… Buffalo is 27-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 24-4-3 when scoring three or more… The Sabres are 15-5-3 with Corey Tropp in the lineup.
ENNIS IS HEATING UP
Tyler Ennis has scored a goal in each of the Sabres’ last two games and has 11 points (6+5) in his last 14 games. The Sabres are 11-1-3 when Tyler Ennis records a point this season and 38-9-7 when he tallies a point in his career. With two goals on Monday vs. MTL, Ennis recorded his third career two-goal game.
With his overtime goal on Monday vs. MTL, Tyler Myers broke the Sabres’ franchise record for overtime goals by a defenseman, with three. In just his third NHL season, Myers has also tied Brian Campbell and Alexei Zhitnik for fifth-most game-winning goals by a defenseman, with seven.
Buffalo has killed off 20 straight penalties entering tonight .The team hasn’t allowed a power play goal since Feb. 24 vs. BOS, with Buffalo’s goaltenders turning away 24 power play shots during that stretch.
Ryan Miller is 9-1-1 in his last 11 games with a .944 save percentage and a 1.78 goals against average, and 14-3-3 in his last 21 games with a 1.84 goals against average and a .939 save percentage.
FINISHING STRONG AFTER THE BREAK
Buffalo is 538-400-183 (.562) all-time in games after the All-Star break. This includes a record of 87-47-21 (.629) in those games since the lockout. The Sabres are 12-5-3 (.675) since the 2012 NHL All-Star Game. These totals do not include games after breaks for the Olympic Games.
The Sabres began the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of a playoff spot after a 7-2 loss at PHI the night before. Since then, the team has gone 9-2-2, allowing 2.00 goals per game. Only one team in NHL history has overcome a 10 point deficit this late in the season, when the New York Islanders rallied from a 10-point hole on Feb. 18, 1994 to snag eighth place in the conference.
MAN GAMES LOST
Entering tonight’s game, 22 different Sabres have missed at least one game with injury. Buffalo’s total of 284 man games lost is the highest total since the Sabres began tracking man games lost in the 1998-99 season (previous high: 269 in 2003-04). Buffalo has only had two players (Jason Pominville and Jhonas Enroth) dress for every game this season.
Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.