ALL 82 SABRES GAMES ON TV THIS SEASON
MSG will televise 70 games; 12 to air on NBC/NBCSN
The National Hockey League and the Buffalo Sabres have announced the national television schedules for the 2013-14 season, with the Buffalo Sabres slated to have 70 of their games broadcast on MSG. The remaining 12 games will be broadcast in the U.S. on NBC or the NBC Sports Network (NBCSN). Additionally, the Sabres’ Sept. 25 preseason game against the Columbus Blue Jackets will also be broadcast on MSG. All 82 regular-season Sabres games in 2013-14 will be available in high definition.
In 2012-13, Sabres games on MSG, the team’s local TV rights-holder, achieved the second-highest local TV ratings in the NHL.
NBC and NBCSN, the national television partners of the NHL in the U.S., will broadcast 12 Sabres games in 2013-14. Ten games will air on NBCSN and the remaining two games will air on either NBC or NBCSN, as part of the networks’ ‘flex’ scheduling.
Below is a list of all games scheduled to air on NBC/NBCSN in 2013-14:
- Oct. 2 at Detroit, 8:00 (NBCSN)
- Oct. 8 vs. Tampa Bay, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Oct. 14 vs. Minnesota, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Oct. 23 vs. Boston, 8:00 (NBCSN)
- Jan. 14 vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Jan. 27 at Pittsburgh, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Jan. 28 vs. Washington, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Feb. 5 vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Feb. 26 vs. Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- March 3 at Dallas, 8:00 (NBCSN)
- March 9 vs. Chicago, 7:30 (NBC/NBCSN flex)
- April 6 at Philadelphia, 7:30 (NBC/NBCSN flex)
Additionally, the NHL Network will be airing one Sabres games in 2013-14, the Oct. 12 matchup against the Blackhawks.