• Finished T-3rd in the NHL in power play goals (9), T-10th in goals (20) and T-22nd in takeaways (34), all of which were most amongst Sabres skaters, despite appearing in just 38 games
• Led all Sabres skaters in points (41), while also finishing T-1st in assists (21) and 2nd in shots (119)
• Passed Ales Kotalik for most shootout goals in franchise history (19) vs. NYI (4/26)• Passed Mike Foligno to move into soul possession of the sixth-most goals in Sabres history (248) vs. WPG (4/22)
• Had five-point games vs. PHI (1/20) and at BOS (1/31), becoming the first Sabres player to have two in a season since 1992-93 (LaFontaine - 6, Mogilny - 3)
• Named the NHL Third Star for January
• Opened the season with a four-game point-scoring streak (3+6), becoming the first Sabres player to record nine points in the first four games of the season since Brian Campbell did so in 2007-08
• Passed Miroslav Satan for 10th-most points in Sabres history (457) with an assist vs. TOR (1/29)
2008-09: Games missed due to injury: Nine jaw (2/11-3/4) ... Multi-point games: 17 ... League leader with 20 power play goals ... Scored 200th career point (goal) @ NYR (10/15) ... Recorded 100th career NHL assist @ TOR (1/1) ... Played in 300th career NHL game vs. MTL (3/4) ... Appeared in first NHL All-Star game ... NHL First Star of the Week for the period of 10/13-10/19 ... NHL Third Star of the Week for the period of 12/8-12/14 ... Third-straight 30-goal season ... Sabres leading goal scorer for third-straight season ... Scored the fifth career hat trick vs. TOR (2/4), the hat trick was his fourth-straight natural hat trick, he is the first to reach that milestone since 1924-25.