• Games missed due to injury: 7 - leg
• Finished 2nd among Sabres skaters in average TOI (21:18)
• Led all Sabres skaters with a TOI of 28:13 vs. WSH (3/30) while contributing an assist and four hits
• Scored the game-winning goal at TBL (2/26)
• Tallied two points (1+1) vs. BOS (2/15)
• Netted his first goal of the season vs. PHI (1/20)
• Games missed due to injury: 23; 19 – broken wrist (11/23-1/3), four – fractured foot (3/31-4/7)
• Served three-game suspension (3/14-3/19)
• Became the Sabres’ all-time leader in OT goals by a defenseman (three) vs. MTL (3/12); the goal also tied him with Brian Campbell and Alexei Zhitnik for fifth-most GWG by a defenseman in Sabres history (seven)
• Four-game point streak (2+2) from 2/16-2/21
• Recorded 100th career point in his 200th career game vs. MTL (2/17)
• Logged a career-high TOI of 31:05 @ NYI (1/14), topping his previous career high of 28:32
NHL Director of Central Scouting, E.J. McGuire
"His height differentiates him from the rest of the draft-eligible defensemen – he towers above all the other players. He is not often burned by the small, quick players and because of the emphasis in today's NHL on a lack of restraining type of play, I think Tyler has adjusted well to that and is more ready to play in the new NHL than a lot of the other smaller players."
Areas to improve:
"Improvements can be made with his continued maturity. I don't know that he needs to work on anything other than continuing to work on foot speed, continuing to work on coordination. He's got a rocket shot from the point on the power-play and that is never going to leave him."
"Tyler is the tallest player among the top-rated players. As a defenseman, that height translates into a great poke-check and great stick work. At 6'7", he still has a little bit of growing into his body to do. Obviously comparisons are made to Zdeno Chara, who, it has been said, actually as a junior stumbled when he played for St. George. There may be a night when the large feet of Myers get in his way a little bit, but to hear scouts talk, they won't get in his way for very many more years."