• Ranks 1st among Sabres defenseman in goals (9), while sitting 2nd in assists (13) and points (22)
• Sits 2nd among Sabres skaters in average TOI (21:49)
• Recorded two points (1+1) at TBL (3/6)
• Tallied three points (1+2) and was a plus- three vs. SJS (2/28)
• Netted two goals vs. CBJ (1/18)
• Served a three-game suspension (1/9-1/14)
• Contributed a goal at MIN (1/2) and vs. BOS (2/26)
• Registered an assist, five shots on goal and four hits at TOR (12/27)
• Blocked five shots vs. OTT (12/10)
• Contributed a pair of assists over 24:10 TOI vs. TOR (11/29)
• Notched a power play goal at PHI (11/21)
• Tallied an assist and four hits vs. TOR (11/15)
• Registered his second career fighting major along with a career-high 11 PIM at LAK (11/7)
• Scored his first goal of the season vs. ANA (11/2)
• Credited with an assist, four hits and four blocked shots vs. DAL (10/28)
• Logged a season-high 27:55 TOI and tallied an assist for his first point of the season at NYI (10/15)
NHL Director of Central Scouting, E.J. McGuire
"His height differentiates him from the rest of the draft-eligible defensemen – he towers above all the other players. He is not often burned by the small, quick players and because of the emphasis in today's NHL on a lack of restraining type of play, I think Tyler has adjusted well to that and is more ready to play in the new NHL than a lot of the other smaller players."
Areas to improve:
"Improvements can be made with his continued maturity. I don't know that he needs to work on anything other than continuing to work on foot speed, continuing to work on coordination. He's got a rocket shot from the point on the power-play and that is never going to leave him."
"Tyler is the tallest player among the top-rated players. As a defenseman, that height translates into a great poke-check and great stick work. At 6'7", he still has a little bit of growing into his body to do. Obviously comparisons are made to Zdeno Chara, who, it has been said, actually as a junior stumbled when he played for St. George. There may be a night when the large feet of Myers get in his way a little bit, but to hear scouts talk, they won't get in his way for very many more years."